Monday, January 10, 2011

My Mysore trip pictures


My visit to Mysore was enjoyable. I went back in time as I enjoyed a horse drawn cart ride to the Mysore palace. Inside the palace I felt like I was lost in an age old era. The palace was adorned with myriad of bright colors and exquisite paintings with glimpses of every day royal life. The portraits of royal family members were life like.The beautiful colorful carvings and the architecture were mesmerizing. The king's courtyard looked on to the city's vast landscape. The palacial marriage alter was stately. I was particularly drawn to the life size stone carving of lions. They were pretty awesome.
I satisfied my sweet tooth with authentic Mysore sweets from a well known shop. I had a wonderful time there.

2 comments:

Gaurav Verma said...

Nice collection of pics..

I liked the pictures too much. I will keep coming back to check your blog.

Do visit my blog too: www.lucky-vagabond.blogspot.com

syluette said...

Thanks. I checked your blog and liked it too.