Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bangla poems  বাংলা কবিতা


My very first attempt at Bengali poetry turned out to be very fulfilling. It would be interesting to note that I don't know to write in Bengali. fortunately I can speak. My script was Hindi and the dialect was Bengali! I was later able to convert the script into Bengali with some help. A beautiful Bengali song prompted me to write in Bengali. Every Bengali word is a song. Every word connotes so much thought and feeling!The language is metaphorical and beautiful that it ia made for poetry. After penning so many poems in English I felt I must try Bengali.
It is very soothing to hear it. The words can be so effortlessly combined to give a poetic effect instead of prolonged lines. Truly the language is so rhythmical that anyone can create poetry just by writing their heart.

প্রকৃতির কারুকার্য

করে আশ্চর্য!

ডালে ডালে সাজানো পাতা

নদীর মোড়ানো রাস্তা;

গাছের তলা

আলো ও ছায়ার খেলা!

সূর্যের প্রকাশের

মেঘ আকা আকাশের

সুন্দর কারুকার্য

করে আশ্চর্য!

জল করে নৃত্যকলা

পাথরের উপরে শিল্পকলা!

হাওয়ার প্রত্যেক প্রহার

বানায় মাটির পাহাড়!

পৃথিবীর কারুকার্য

করে আশ্চর্য!

Translation Nature's Architecture

Nature's design is surprising! Every leaf in a branch are decorated! Even the sunlight and shadows under a tree, Sun's rays, clouds painted in the sky and dancing water's carving on stone are all beautiful designs of wonder! Also the beating wind's carved sand mountain. Earth's design is surprising!

আমি একটি তারা

অসীম আকাশে আমি একটি তারা!

আমার স্বপ্ন দেখা ছাড়া;

এই গভীর সমুদ্রে নেই কোনো কিনারা

আমার ভরসার আলো

নিরাশার কালোতে হারিয়ে গেলো

উপরে নেই ছাতি

নিচে নেই মাটি!

আমি একটি তারা

এই বিশাল অন্ধকারে

আমি ঝুলছি আকাশে

ভাসছি দিশাহারা

নদীর মতো হাওয়ার ধারা!

জীবন বইছে এই বিশ্বাসে

অজান্তে নিঃশ্বাসে প্রশ্বাসে!

এই জীবনের কি মানে?

কে জানতো আমার অনন্ত প্রকাশ

আলো করে সারা আকাশ!

Translation I am a star

I am a star in the sky. Only through dream I can escape to the shore of this deep ocean. My faith's light is lost in the darkness of the night. I have no roof above me and no sandy platform below me. I am a star in the sky. I am hanging in this huge limitless darkness. I am flowing aimless in this windy river's course. Life exists on this faith. Breathing in and out air without ever realizing! What is this life's meaning? Who would have thought that my boundless light can brighten up the entire night!

No comments: