Monday, March 7, 2011

My sketchy days


I first tried my hand at sketching out of jealousy. My brother used to draw and paint very well. I tried to copy him. My first drawing was Lord Ganesha. Once I tried water color on my Marilyn Monroe drawing and it became all bloody red! So I aptly named the piece as WHO KILLED HER! I killed her!!! Who would have thought she had so much blood!!! Painting was not my forte. I could never color well. Faces fascinate me. My area of interest soon shifted to sketching portraits. I always wanted to have picture snaps of people whom I admire. I started sketching so that I can have them forever with me. Since then it has become my passion to draw portraits as real as a photograph. I wish to capture the qualities and characteristics of each personality,true to life!

No comments: